Good news for two ODM MPs facing expulsion
By Standard Reporter
| January 31st 2019
Is ODM reconsidering its National Executive Council (NEC) decision to kick out MPs Aisha Jumwa and Suleiman Dori?
A senior party official yesterday whispered to The Grapevine that the party may after all not kick out the rebel MPs.
The source said it would be difficult to marshal at least two-thirds of the National Governing Council that include all NEC members, elected MPs and governors.
"They will not be kicked out by the organ," said the official.
The insider said the decision by NEC was meant to send a warning that any party member was not immune to disciplinary actions and must toe the party line.
Six-star Sharks: Confederations Cup. Kenya’s representatives in pole after thrashing Djibouti opponentsKariobangi Sharks dismantle Arta Solar in the debut in Africa and now head to Horn of Africa with their noses up.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja