Highway drama exposes bias in police responses
By The Grapevine
| February 27th 2018
Are police bosses biased in general? That was the question some officers were asking themselves following the response that a group of goons that deflated over 100 vehicles’ tyres on Nairobi-Nakuru Highway on February 27.
The officers were of the opinion that had such an incident happened in parts of Kenya a chopper with anti-riot officers would have been dispatched to disperse the protesters.
The officers were lying in the city waiting to be mobilized in vain. In the meantime, thousands were inconvenienced on the highway for hours with police bosses taking their sweet time.
But why, when the highway is the main gate to the country at large?
Kenya Forest Service nets Sh3 billion in revenuesKFS collected more than Sh3 billion last year from various forestry-related activities
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
All 400 Maranda School Form 4 students sent home indefinitely
- Duale: Uhuru’s sudden appearance during my TV interview didn’t scare me
- Man who shot woman he thought was fugitive cop Kangogo found dead
By Osinde Obare
- Police officers’ ‘slashed salaries’: What’s happening?
By Mate Tongola
- Country's only known alligator since 1967 on the brink of death
- My old-fashioned watermill has served me for 90 years, says miller