Africa champions: Cameroon lifts trophy after 15 years
By Petterson Gachugu | February 7th 2017
Pharaohs opened the scoring thanks to Arsenal’s midfielder, Mohamed Elneny. After 30 minutes of play, Nkolou came in Teikeu.
Egypt’s lead was canceled in the second half when Nicolas Nkolou headed in and Vincent Aboubakar then scored a dramatic winner two minutes to go.
It was a bad day for Egypt after reaching the final given they had missed to qualify for the last three tournaments, after winning the previous three.
Indomitable Lions had their last laugh, clinching the trophy for the first time since 2002.
Top police officer in hospital after collapsing at his Nairobi home
- Shock as children walk in on 'cheating' mum
- Implications of BBI judgment
By Paul Ogemba
- Wilson Sossion's woes in KNUT deepens
- We have no interest in impeaching President Uhuru - UDA allied MPs
By Erick Abuga
- Scores feared dead as floods wreak havoc