Statehouse adviser Joshua Kutuny picks new campaign slogan 'Heshimu Raia'
By Gideon Kiprop | February 4th 2017
Kutuny, who lost his seat for allegedly playing national politics more than concentrating on his parliamentary seat has re-surged politically and has this time picked a new slogan "Heshimu Raia" which loosely translates to respect the citizens.
The Former lawmaker says the slogan is part of a lesson he has learned in politics, that of respecting the ordinary Wananchi who he says are the bosses in politics.
"In 2013 I played the national league until my own backyard was taken away from me but I was lucky President Kenyatta gave me a pie in his government. However this time round I will play the local in the local league," said Kutuny.
Kutuny has in the recent past compared himself to an eagle which undergoes a rebirth to extend its lifespan by removing their beaks, talons, and feathers in order to grow new ones, saying he would make a strong political comeback in the August polls.
He is expected to resign this month to focus on reclaiming his seat, will face off for the party primaries with Korir who has defected to Jubilee party.
Kutuny is considered a front-runner in the parliamentary race which has attracted over ten aspirants.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession