100 words on why girls should not be afraid of engineering courses
By Brian Guserwa
| August 19th 2016
I think more girls should enroll for engineering courses. There is this perception that Mathematics and Engineering are for male students, while female students are expected to take ‘softer’ courses like Arts and Health Sciences.
We have made some steps to change this; there is now greater acceptance of women in traditionally male dominated fields. But as an Engineering student, I would call for young ladies to consider engineering courses. They may be a bit challenging, but they are very marketable, so they are definitely worth it.
Josphine Muturi is a Third year Water Engineering student at Kenyatta University.
Use of police officers to enforce child custody orders declared illegal
By Daniel Chege
- PNU vows to back Raila, form coalition with ODM
By Samson Wire
- Eyes on Navy as Kenya takes tough stance on Somalia
- Grand reception for Raila as he storms Ruto’s Eldoret backyard
- Raila feted for championing unity, development
- Family pays tribute to businessman found dead in park