Chuka university senate to hear appeals by 36 students
By munene kamau | August 17th 2016
Chuka University Senate has received appeals from 36 students, who were suspended for allegedly causing chaos. The students lost a case at the High Court where they sought to have their suspension lifted.
The students moved to court after they were suspended indefinitely by the university following a riot on February 8, which saw property worth Sh16 million destroyed. Justice George Odunga sitting at the High Court in Milimani ruled that it was only the university disciplinary council which had the mandate to hear their appeals.
The judge dismissed the case, saying the students failed to follow due procedure as stipulated in the university statute.
How the Rwathia boys carved own corner at Nairobi bourse
- NTSA pursuing racing Subaru drivers
- Justice Nduma Nderi: What I will do when I become CJ
- Family of KDF man killed cries for justice
By Mike Ekutan
- Man fights for right to raise his daughter aged three
- Thika Road accident leaves two police offices injured