Police officer escapes for safety
By Nelson Mandela | August 5th 2016
A police officer in Sirisia sub-County, Bungoma County, yesterday evening escaped for safety after being frightened by traditional initiators (abakhebi).
It is alleged that the officer in company of his colleagues was patrolling to arrest brewers in the area when they came across initiators who were anointing with knives (Lukembe) in readiness for traditional male circumcision that kicked off yesterday.
According to reliable source, the ceremony was nearing completion, as initiators were singing circumcision songs while holding their knives high in the air as if taking an oath. The officer approached but he was warned by one of his colleagues. "Keep off; those people will finish you” he was warned.
The officer sensing danger, he retreated back to their vehicle ushering his colleagues to accompany him and sped off amid cheers from onlookers who were surprised by the incident.
Siaya politician Florence Aluodo dies
- Former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo dies at 54
- Chris Kirubi: Business dealmaker to the last day
- How trip to Middle East ended up in a house in Thika
- KICC was once a 'compass' for locating places in town
- No degree? Forget elective positions next year - IEBC