Aden Duale needs to do more for teachers
By Veronica Onjoro | July 21st 2016
Recently, Majority Leader in the National Assembly Aden Duale said primary and secondary school teachers who have been in the same positions for a long time should be promoted. He asked the Teachers Service Commission to specifically focus on Garissa County, which has been facing a crisis due to insecurity.
However, what everyone would hope for is that this talk by a leading government official is not just another gimmick, especially with elections around the corner. Indeed, Duale should follow up his statement with action.
He should sponsor a Motion in Parliament that force the TSC effect promotions. Let him help change the law and help the teachers. This should be much easier for him, given his position in the House.
Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Woman faints after police raid church over Covid rule breaches [PHOTOS]
By Nikko Tanui
- Makueni family cries for justice after class seven pupil gang raped
- Chris Kirubi and the gospel of seek ye first wealth and all...
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Farmers in Kieni receive solar powered boreholes