Travel award a boon for tourism sector
By Benard Amaya; | December 15th 2015
Kenya’s impressive performance in the World Travel Awards is an indication the tourism sector is headed in the right direction.
It is also encouraging to see more hospitality and tourism firms emerge among the top performers.
Good performance by the sector at the global fete gives new Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala confidence that the sector can only grow stronger. But drastic steps are needed to increase arrivals and the resultant revenues.
Balala should push for reduced park levies, landing fees and visa charges. These charges make our country an expensive tourist destination.
He should also advance credit facilities to hotels to enable them refurbish their properties. Then the regulatory body should ensure quality services are offered.
Where is my kidney?
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth
- Revealed: Raila's offer to DP Ruto
- Three-minute burial shocker in Turkana
By Mike Ekutan
- Kenei: Twists and turns of high-profile murder