Steenkamp family praises move to block Pistorius release
The family of Reeva Steenkamp has welcomed the the South African government's surprise decision to block the release of Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, who is serving a five-year prison sentence for her killing.
By AFP | 5 years ago
Stop whining about pardons, fix problem
In the wake of every presidential pardon of petty offenders, police officers are quick to say the releases will lead to a rise in crime. No evidence of this is offered, leading us to think this may be a handy excuse. If the force has evidence serious crime spikes following the pardons, the public should get to see it.
Suspected motorbike thief stoned, set on fire
- Gatundu residents chase away dam workers
- Kileleshwa’s spiderman to spend seven days in custody
- Mwananchi Credit goes after Waititu's vehicles
- Sonko: Man who lived in a glass house and dared to throw stones
- KCSE candidate explodes with rage after ‘mwakenya’ snatched
By Fred Kibor