Millions of books in Kenya gather dust as supply beats demand
Corruption has been cited as a factor that has led to the disparity in the supply of school materials.
By Standard Team | 13 hours ago
Arrest people behind theft of free primary education funds
While the actual number of learners in primary schools is 8.47 million, last year the figure had been inflated to nine million.
Editorial | 4 days ago
Increased funding for education a plus for Jubilee
The Jubilee administration cites increased funding for education and the scrapping of examination fees as its improvement of the sector.
Job Weru and Rawlings Otieno | 5 years ago
Where is my kidney?
- President and Raila ‘joined at the hip despite misgivings’
- JSC allows Mugenda to chair panel to pick next Chief Justice amid protests
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Cost of living pushes Kenyans to shop in Uganda
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth