Muyonga Khavuchi (L) of Gor Mahia FC contest for ball with Bonface Kweyu of Nzoia Sugar FC during their FKF-Premier League match at Nyayo National Stadium in Nairobi on November 19, 2022. Gor Mahia FC won 1-0. [Stafford Ondego, Standard]

Defending champions Gor Mahia failed to capitalise on Posta Rangers flaws and open a five-point lead at the top of the FKF Premier League after coming from 2-0 down to force a 2-2 draw with relegation-threatened Nzoia Sugar at Raila Odinga Stadium in Homa Bay on Saturday.

Mohammed Barisa scored a brace to give Nzoia a 2-0 lead inside the opening 30 minutes before Patrick Kaddu pulled a goal back before half time as Gor trailed 2-1 at the break.

Golden Boot chaser Benson Omalla made it 2-2 from the penalty spot in the final half as Gor salvaged a point in Homa Bay.

The draw leaves Gor top on 28 points, three ahead of Posta Rangers who play Tusker today.

At Sportpesa Arena, Murang’a SEAL also came from behind to force a 1-1 draw against Ulinzi Stars.

Mark Bikokwa scored in the 34th minute to give Ulinzi a 1-0 half time lead before Batts Awita rescued a point for the hosts in the 77th minute.

At Police Sacco Stadium, KCB failed to find the back of the net as they drew 0-0 against FC Talanta.

The draw moved them third with 24 points same as Kakamega Homeboyz who have an inferior goal difference but play today against Shabana.

Nairobi City Stars was the only side to pick a win after narrowly edging out Bandari 1-0 at Ruaraka Grounds.

Robinson Asenwa scored the lone goal of the match in the fourth minute, a goal that secured maximum points for Simba wa Nairobi who closed the gap between them and the top four to within three points. City Stars have 21 points after 14 matches.

By Ochieng Oyugi 44 mins ago
Time for world beaters to show their supremacy at Kip Keino Classic
Nowicki to use Kip Keino Classic to prepare for Olympics
By AFP 6 hrs ago
Beijing half marathon runners stripped of medals after controversial finish
By AFP 18 hrs ago
Arsenal, Liverpool fight to keep Premier League race alive