- Raila Odinga returns to Ukambani to popularize Azimio and consolidate his former votes in the region
- Raila Odinga and Kalonzo Musyoka storm Machakos as they defend their newfound relationship
- Azimio Manifesto: Taking a keen look at Raila Odinga's manifesto
- Raila's Grand March: Raila has raised 10 issues with the IEBC that he wants addressed before polls
- This Man, Raila: We look at Odinga's journey in politics, the ups and downs in his political career
Raila to grace Mashemji Derby as K'Ogalo battle Ingwe for bragging rights
ODM leader and Presidential candidate Raila Odinga will be at MISC Kasarani Stadium as record Kenyan champions Gor Mahia and eternal rivals AFC Leopards clash in the 94th edition of the Mashemeji derby.
The former Prime Minister, who is also an ardent Arsenal fan after his clear immense interest in international football, said through his Facebook page on Saturday that he was dying to watch the titanic battle between traditional Kenyan Premier League giants K’Ogalo and Ingwe.
“You all know how much I enjoy international football. But nothing inspires my passion more than watching our talented young men and women as they battle it out here at home. We must support them! I look forward to tomorrow’s match,” Raila wrote on his Facebook page.
The rivalry between the two clubs began at Nairobi City Stadium on May 5, 1968, with Gor Mahia squeezing out a hard-fought 1-0 win. With both teams out of the 2021-2022 FKF Premier League title race, the two arch-rivals and most decorated clubs with a huge fan base in the country will be playing for pride.
Both teams have posted mixed results in their last few matches but Gor are joint fourth in the standings with Nairobi City Stars on 46 points while Leopards are a distant 11th with 38 points.
- Why Karua will make best Deputy President
- Azimio: We're on course for economic liberation
- Raila Odinga's big task to accommodate Uhuru's CSs, competing interests
- Azimio council wants voter register probed
- Why Raila's plate at city joint is a hot commodity
K’Ogalo have dominated the past 10 derbies with Ingwe last win coming way back in March 2016 when they won the match 1-0.