Perennial Kenyan Premier League (KPL) champions Gor Mahia have appointed Raymond Oruo as Sports Management Consultant, Marketing Consultant and Acting Chief Executive Officer.
Gor indicated on Thursday that Mr Oruo will bring a wealth of experience having worked at KCB bank as a Sports Manager before.
“Gor Mahia on September 9 2020, appointed Raymond Oruo as Sports Management Consultant, Marketing Consultant and Acting Chief Executive Officer.
“Raymond brings a lot of sports management experience to our club having done the same in other areas including holding the position of Sports Manager at KCB bank. He will be the head of the club's secretariat and will work under the supervision of the club's secretary-general.
“The club's executive and the entire Gor Mahia FC fraternity wish Raymond Oruo the best in this challenging and exciting position in our club,” reads a letter dated September 30 (Thursday) and signed by the secretary-general Sam Ochola.
- READ MORE
- PHOTOS: Raila Odinga launches Gor Mahia partnership with Two Rivers
- Dear Kenyan footballer, you are not wasting your career
- Western Kenya: A football heartland with world-class rugby players
- Why Lewis Hamilton stands alone in Formula One history
- The stats: Lewis Hamilton versus Michael Schumacher
- Son strikes again as Tottenham beat Burnley to move fifth
The position Oruo takes was left vacant when Mr Lordvick Aduda quit to vie for the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) presidential seat in the upcoming national elections.