Ex-national cross country champion Rodgers Kwemoi and World 5000m champion Hellen Obiri flew the Kenyan flag high in Turkey on Sunday after they both won their races at the N Kolay 2022 Istanbul Half Marathon.
Kwemoi led a Kenyan 1-2-3 finish after setting a new course record, crossing the finish line in 59:21. Compatriots Daniel Matieko and Emmanuel Bor second and third respectively in 1:00:05 and 1:00:20.
In the women’s race, Obiri got her first-ever victory over the distance, clocking 1:04:50. The Ethiopian duo of Tsehay Gemechu and Bekelech Gudeta finished second and third respectively in 1:05:52 and 1:06:35
The Men's race in the Istanbul half marathon was a Kenyan affair. A 1,2,3 sweep from Rodgers Kwemoi, Daniel Mateiko and Emmanuel Bor
Congratulations lads ????????#TeamKenya ???????? pic.twitter.com/hSSJbl1vHp
— TeamKenya (@OlympicsKe) March 27, 2022
- Hellen Obiri Smashes Radcliffe's European 10km Record in Manchester
- Hellen Obiri appointed African Youth Games Chef de Mission
- Obiri: Why I dropped Nike and my plans to move to the United States
- Obiri shines at KDF cross country as Kipruto rules at Police meeting
- Rugby: Homeboyz crowned Dala Sevens in Kisumu
The 17th N Kolay 2022 Istanbul Half Marathon was held in two categories, 10 kilometers and 21 kilometers, with more than 650 foreign athletes from 65 countries in participation.