Ex-Arsenal Player sacked after child sex offences and molestation
League Two side Bradford City have sacked their player Tyrell Robinson after the police charged him with child sex offences.
The 22-year-old winger, from South Ockendon, Essex, has been charged with engaging with sexual activity with a child in August 2018, and has also been charged with one count of making an indecent image of a child and two counts of distributing an indecent image of a child.
He is due to appear before Bradford magistrates on April 7.
In a statement, the club said: "Bradford City Football Club has parted company with Tyrell Robinson. This comes after West Yorkshire Police confirmed charges had been brought against Robinson, following his arrest in August 2018.
"Robinson has been dismissed from the remainder of his contract on grounds of committing gross misconduct. The club will be making no further comment on the matter."
Robinson came through Arsenal's youth academy, but after turning professional in January 2015 he was released by the Gunners in February 2017, and although he had a trial at Watford the Hornets chose not to offer him a contract.
He signed a one-year deal with Bradford in May that year, which he extended until this summer in January 2018, and at the end of his first season he was named Bradford City's Supporters' Trust Under 23s Player of the Year.
His final appearance came in a 2-0 loss to Barnsley on August 11, 2018, after which time he was suspended by the club, and he made a total in 28 appearances in all competitions for the Bantams.
- Three scenarios for a potential return of the Premier LeaguePremier League 2 days ago
- UEFA to meet to debate options for ravaged football fixture calendarFootball 2 days ago
- Ajax cancel contract of player stricken after heart attackFootball 2 days ago
- Fiorentina, Torino presidents believe Serie A season unlikely to finishFootball 2 days ago
- Review of the new betting website in Kenya - BetwinnerSports 2 days ago
- President of Belarus rejects coronavirus risks, suggests vodkaFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Adak boss asks runners to adhere to anti-doping regulationsAthletics 2 days ago