Former Sports CS Rashid Echesa arrested
Former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa was arrested on Thursday and taken to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters along Kiambu Road.
The reason behind his arrest is not clear.
Echesa was fired in March last year when President Uhuru Kenyatta reorganised his power axis to achieve his Big Four legacy dream.
Before his sacking, Echesa was under fire at the ministry with various graft scandals emerging and national teams constantly complaining of being under-funded.
In May last year, the former Sports CS was arrested alongside Kakamega Senator Cleophas Malala over killings by a criminal gang which left 18 people dead in Matungu, Kakamega County.
Police intercepted Echesa while he was on his way to attend to another meeting in Likuyani where Deputy President William Ruto was going to commission the construction of a road.
More to follow...
- Champions League, Europa League suspended indefinitely – UEFAFootball 2 days ago
- Wimbledon set to be cancelled for first time since World War twoTennis 2 days ago
- Premier League coach takes voluntary pay cut due to coronavirus Premier League 2 days ago
- Aston Villa captain Grealish apologises for breaking social distancing rulesPremier League 1 day ago
- Former Marseille president dies in Senegal after contracting coronavirus Football 2 days ago
- New Zealand slash salaries as sport reels from virusRugby 1 day ago
- April Fools Day: Messi not leaving BarcelonaGossip & Rumours 1 day ago