Former Sports CS Rashid Echesa arrested
Former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa was arrested on Thursday and taken to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters along Kiambu Road.
The reason behind his arrest is not clear.
Echesa was fired in March last year when President Uhuru Kenyatta reorganised his power axis to achieve his Big Four legacy dream.
Before his sacking, Echesa was under fire at the ministry with various graft scandals emerging and national teams constantly complaining of being under-funded.
In May last year, the former Sports CS was arrested alongside Kakamega Senator Cleophas Malala over killings by a criminal gang which left 18 people dead in Matungu, Kakamega County.
Police intercepted Echesa while he was on his way to attend to another meeting in Likuyani where Deputy President William Ruto was going to commission the construction of a road.
More to follow...
- Beach Volleyball: Coach Mulinge drops twoVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Karen leg of Safari Tour attracts record fieldGolf 2 days ago
- Top guns who crossed the seas, fell in love through athletics [PHOTOS]Athletics 2 days ago
- Allegri puts Man United on red alert with plan to return to dugout in SeptemberPremier League 2 days ago
- Kobe Bryant mourners visit wrong gravesite as mystery surrounds final resting placeBasketball 2 days ago
- Wilder, Fury bulk up for heavyweight showdownBoxing 2 days ago
- Neymar ‘eyeing PSG extension’ despite Barca linkGossip & Rumours 2 days ago