Man United boss Solskjaer favourite to be sacked next
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been installed as favourite to be the next Premier League manager to lose his job.
Solskjaer saw his Manchester United side lose 2-0 to struggling Burnley at Old Trafford on Wednesday night leaving the Red Devils six points off the top-four pace.
It was their second 2-0 reverse in as many games after a defeat by the same scoreline at arch rivals and runaway Premier League leaders Liverpool on Sunday.
Eddie Howe had been favourite to be the next to exit his post, but Bournemouth's 3-0 victory over Brighton has relieved some of the pressure on the Cherries boss.
He is now second on the list with Aston Villa manager Dean Smith in third.
Solskjaer issued a scathing assessment of his players following the defeat by Burnley.
He said: "For me, the most important thing is we have to perform on the pitch. Tonight wasn't good enough for a Manchester United team.
"The boys have given everything they've got, but they're experiencing this period for the first time in their lives.
“When you're at Manchester United, you're playing at the biggest and best club in the world. Some of them have played 10, 12, 15 games and it's not easy for them.
"I'm going to back them and help them get through this. We can't do anything but hold our hands up and say it's not good enough.”
- Kiplagat promises song and dance on her comebackAthletics 2 days ago
- How Kakamega boy Okombe is living his dream in ItalyHockey 2 days ago
- Top football club doctor dies after contracting coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Did virus scrap your marathon? In Japan, there's an app for thatAthletics 2 days ago
- Fiji Rugby players, staff take 40 per cent paycut in response to coronavirusRugby 2 days ago
- Man City's Walker faces disciplinary action for breaking lockdown rulesFootball 2 days ago
- Serie A season could run to October - Italian FA bossFootball 2 days ago