Sinyolo and Kisumu Day crowned 2020 Biro Lich High School hockey champions
Kisumu County hockey champions Sinyolo Girls School and Kisumu Day are the 2020 Biro Lich High Schools champions of hockey.
Sinyolo dethroned defending champions Tigoi Girls from Vihiga County after edging them out 2-1 in the finals played at the Jomo Kenyatta Sportsground in Kisumu yesterday.
Consolate Awino and Mitchelle Akoth scored for the former East Africa hockey champions to win leaving head Coach Aloice Owino an elated man.
Speaking to the Standard Sports, Owino lauded his charges and said they are now going to focus on the Term One games.
“We have a new young squad that we are trying to gauge and am happy they played well throughout the two-day tournament. Our focus now turns to the upcoming games,” he said.
Sinyolo’s Mitchele Akoth was voted the Most Valuable player.
In the men’s final, Kisumu Day were crowned the new winners after defeating Oriwo High 2-0.
Defending champions Friends School Kamusinga were knocked out in the group stages paving the way for a new champion.
Lennox Omondi from Kisumu Day was voted the Most Valuable Player.
- Shujaa hopeful of Main Cup Quarter final spotRugby 1 day ago
- Deontay Wilder says his huge ring walk costume contributed to his defeatBoxing 2 days ago
- Coronavirus forces fan ban at Italian football gamesFootball 2 days ago
- Ramogi falls short of making Olympic Games teamBoxing 1 day ago
- Matano: League title race will go down to the wireFootball 21 minutes ago
- Hockey maestro Aura takes over big job at ButaliHockey 2 days ago
- Bayern Munich players spotted in bar night before thumping Chelsea 3-0Football 1 day ago