Football: JYSA face Ulinzi Youth in Chapa Dimba regional finals
JYSA FC from Juja will tomorrow play Ulinzi Youth during the Central Regional finals of the Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom national youth tournament, at Nanyuki Stadium.
In the first boys’ semifinal, JYSA came from a goal down to beat Irigiro FC from Maragua 2-1 in a hotly-contested match.
Ouma Pio from Irigiro FC opened the score sheet with a goal for Irigiro in the 13th minute but Elegae Dickson netted an equaliser shortly after the 21st minute to end the first half in a 1-1 draw.
A determined JYSA put up a spirited fight and their efforts bore fruit in the 84th minute when Kimoi Roy scored the winning goal.
Ulinzi Youth from Nanyuki secured their spot in the final after beating Kiamatugu Boys from Kirinyaga 1-0 through a Brian Kafero goal in the 17th minute in what was an entertaining boys’ semi.
“Today’s game was tough as everybody played to win. It was a tight match but luck was on our side because we managed to score an early goal and emerge winners,” said Brian Kafero, a Ulinzi Stars player.
“We will give our best in the final to ensure we win the title because it is what we have been training for.”
In the girls’ first semifinal, Falling Waters battered Karima Queens from Nyeri 12-0, with Jane Njeri scoring four goals to become the tournament’s top scorer.
In the other semifinal, Achievers Queens from Ruiru bowed out to Limuru Starlets after losing 5-1.
Falling Waters, the region’s defending champions, will meet Limuru Starlets tomorrow in what will be a repeat of last season’s Central Region’s final.
“Today’s victory goes to show that the hard work we put in was worth the effort. We look forward to a good game tomorrow and hopefully, we will regain our lost title,” said Limuru Starlets head coach James Kairu.
The winning teams in tomorrow’s finals will walk away with a cash prize of Sh200,000 each.
- Harambee Starlets players shine abroad despite struggles at homeFootball 1 day ago
- Champions League ban: Shock as three top players linked with Man City exitFootball 2 days ago
- UEFA Champions Leagues round of 16 preview by ChezaCashFootball 1 day ago
- Manchester United's Maguire should have seen red, says LampardPremier League 1 day ago
- Universities: Champions Zetech maintain good runFootball 2 days ago
- He belongs to Man United – Solskjaer’s stern warning to Pogba’s agent RaiolaGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- First openly gay British football player Fashanu makes Hall of FameFootball 13 hours ago