FKF Mombasa sub-branch petition Fifa over ‘flawed election guidelines’
Mombasa sub-branch of Football Kenya Federation now wants the world governing body, Fifa, to intervene over they termed as “flawed electoral guidelines” for the upcoming FKF poll.
FKF Mombasa Sub-branch chairman Goshi Ali said out of the 47 counties, only 15 counties will conduct elections as the rest of the candidates have been cleared unopposed.
“The outcome of the elections is pre-determined. There shall be no elections in 30 counties because the electoral board has refused to clear the opposing camps,” Goshi said.
“The forthcoming elections are shrouded in secrecy,” Goshi claimed at a press conference at the sub-branch’s offices in Mombasa yesterday.
“We have followed all the procedures as required by the federation’s Electoral Board only to be frustrated,” he said.
For instance, the guidelines state that a candidate shall have been proposed by three clubs of FKF that are eligible to vote within the County he is seeking elective position. In our branch, we have 37 eligible clubs yet I was told all of them had already endorsed another candidate. When I asked to see those endorsements my plea fell on deaf ears.
“I further asked for list of clubs eligible to vote so that I can know which clubs to engage for that purpose, they replied that they didn’t have the list, and even if there was they won’t give it to me,” Goshi claimed.
The football official criticised the Electoral Board saying it was biased.
“How do you expect the board to be independent when it’s operating from FKF offices? This definitely will interfere with the independence of the board.”
“As a sub-branch we have decided to write to Fifa to intervene and see that justice is seen to be done to all interested candidates,” said the official.
A case citing conflict of interest among the Electoral Board members is pending at the Sports Disputes Tribunal.
- Atletico, Atalanta reach last 16 as Bayern cruise past SpursFootball 5 hours ago
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 7 hours ago
- City Stars go eight-points clear as Shabana bounce backFootball 1 day ago
- French basketball player fined in China for not looking at flag during anthem Basketball 2 days ago
- Ronaldo left angry after being confronted on the pitch during Juventus' 2-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen Football 1 hour ago
- Gundogan reveals why Man City is falling behind Liverpool in title racePremier League 19 hours ago
- Wilson Kipsang survives road accident [Photos]Athletics 1 day ago