State of Manvir Bayran after KCB Meru Rally crash
Africa rally champion Manvir Baryan is recovering at the Aga Khan Hospital after his Skoda Fabia crashed during the second leg of the KCB Meru Safari Rally.
The Kenyan rally car driver, together with his English navigator Drew Sturrock saw his race cut short after his car somersaulted seven times.
The race had to be halted for about an hour as rally officials debated on whether to take the injured Baryan for treatment in Nairobi.
Sturrock was also taken to hospital for checkups though he had not sustained major injuries.
Onkar Rai, driving a Volkswagen Polo and navigated by Gavin Laurance won the rally, with Carl Tundo and Baldev Chager coming in second and third respectively. Both Chager and Tundo were driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10s.
Here’s a video of the crash:
VIDEO: Africa rally champion Manvir Baryan was rushed to the Aga Khan Hospital after his Skoda Fabia hit a rock and rolled several times during the second leg of the KCB Meru Safari Rally. pic.twitter.com/i75JyYErss — Game Yetu (@GameYetu) November 13, 2019
- Man in connection with racial gestures and chants during Manchester derby in TROUBLEFootball 2 days ago
- Beaten Andy Ruiz Jr wants Joshua rematchBoxing 2 days ago
- Pep Guardiola speaks after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat at home to Man UtdFootball 2 days ago
- MMUST RFC lands new shirt sponsorship Rugby 2 days ago
- Tiger Woods' niece finishes fourth as Henseleit of Germany wins the Magical Kenya Ladies Open Golf 2 days ago
- Leicester break club record with 4-1 win at VillaFootball 2 days ago
- Cecafa Senior Challenge: Harambee Stars beat TanzaniaFootball 2 days ago