Rugby: Mwamba return to winning ways as Kabras floor Impala
Mwamba recovered from last weekend’s 43-9 loss to Kabras Sugar as they thrashed returnees Kisumu RFC 65-22 in a Kenya Cup match at the Impala Club yesterday.
The bonus-point win took Mwamba’s points tally to 9, six adrift of table toppers Kabras who also claimed maximum points in their home victory over Impala Saracens.
Reeling from last weekend’s heavy defeat to the sugar millers, Mwamba were quick off the blocks as they took a commanding 50-14 lead at half-time before completing the rout with four more tries in the second half.
In Kakamega, Kabras Sugar made it three wins in a row after thrashing Impala Saracens 27-3 at the Kakamega Showground.
Paul Abuto, Eugene Sifuna, Timoci Sinaite and Ntabeni Dukisa crossed the white wash for the millers as Quinto Ongo got the visitors three points through a penalty.
After two successive losses, Western Bulls managed to register their first win of the season as they came from behind to stun Kenya Harlequin 21-19 at the RFUEA grounds.
Trailing 19-0 at half-time, Bulls managed to claw themselves back into the match with Derrick Ashihundu scoring three tries.
Quins tries were scored by Iddi Kakai, Patrice Agunda and David Ambunya.
The result meant the Nairobi-based Quins are still in search of their first win having lost to KCB and Menengai Oilers.
Quins, who are under the tutelage of former Kenya 15s assistant coach Dominique Habimana, are still rooted at the bottom of the 12-team table.
Defending champions KCB continued with their good run of form as they were inspired by a hat-trick of tries from Kenya Under-20 Player Geoffrey Okwach to thrash Nakuru RFC 50-13 at the KCB Sports Club in Ruaraka.
Nondescripts bounced back from last weekend’s upset against Kisumu RFC as they beat Blak Blad 38-23 at the Kenyatta University grounds. [Clement Wekulo]
- Mwamba RFC announces death of founder member Mng’ong’oRugby 1 day ago
- Ferguson to take charge of Everton at Man UnitedPremier League 15 hours ago
- Paul Pogba ruled out of AZ Alkmaar clashFootball 23 hours ago
- ATHLETICS: Ngetich, Chepkemboi to highlight Safaricom Kisumu 10KM Road RaceAthletics 7 hours ago
- Arsenal outlook changes in the space of nine minutesFootball 2 days ago
- Tennis 101: Here’s what you need to know about the sportTennis 2 days ago
- No one wants to face Liverpool in Champions League last 16 - RobertsonFootball 5 hours ago