Moses Kuria throws cheeky jibe at Mariga after Kibra defeat
Outspoken Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria on Thursday took to his Twitter account to congratulate the newly elected Kibra MP Imran Okoth.
While doing so, Kuria also threw a cheeky jibe at Jubilee Candidate McDonald Mariga.
Orange party’s Bernard Imran Okoth emerged the winner, garnering 24,636 votes, leaving Mariga in second with 11,230 votes.
Amani National Congress’ Eliud Owalo came in a distant third with 5,275 votes.
The voter turnout was 35.38 % with a total of 41,984 votes cast.
As soon as it was clear Imran would win with a landslide, Kuria rushed to his Twitter and posted the following message:
“Congratulations Imran Okoth for outright victory for you, my friend Ken Okoth and the people of Kibra. Pole sana @MarigaOfficial there is still hope on Sunday during the #MashemejiDerby.”
Kuria’s tweet sparked massive reaction, with most joining him to congratulate Imran as well as calming Mariga. Some even applauded Kuria’s comment.
Here are the reactions captured by GameYetu:
- Cr7 beats Messi to becomes first ever billionaire footballerFootball 12 hours ago
- Premier League agrees on five subs for rest of this seasonPremier League 16 hours ago
- Graft: FIFA ‘mafia’ depicted in new Amazon Prime satireFootball 17 hours ago
- Tokyo weighs scaled-back Olympics, says governor KoikeAthletics 17 hours ago
- Former Chelsea striker Costa sentenced to six months in prison, fined Sh65mFootball 19 hours ago
- Chelsea offer Timo Werner big-money contractGossip & Rumours 16 hours ago