Isaiah Kiplagat Memorial Ndalat Gaa Cross Country Championships: Kibet, Chepkemei shine
Former world under-20 3,000m champion Daisy Chepkemei and Michael Kibet yesterday won the 11th Isaiah Kiplagat Memorial Ndalat Gaa Cross Country Championships in Nandi County.
Tthe venue was changed from Ndalat Gaa Girls High School to Paul Boit Farm, just a kilometre away.
Chepkemei produced a brilliant show to stop the time in 34:12.3 ahead of world under-20 3,000m steeplechase champion Beatrice Chebet who timed 34:49.5.
She surged forward after two kilometres with a high pace that saw her open a wide gap. The alumni of St Agatha Mokwo Girls High School, then maintained the pace to victory.
Chepkemei said she is preparing for 2020 Olympic Games trials next year, where she will line up in 5,000m.
In the men’s front, Michael Kibet from Iten won the men’s senior race in 30:23.4, beating Emmanuel Kipchirchir (30:25.3), Robert Kiprop (30:36.8), and Rodgers Maiyo (30:38.5).
- Unai Emery gives update about his job following Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to LeicesterFootball 2 days ago
- Step by step explanation of how SportPesa, Betin case win against KRA will affect your betFootball 2 days ago
- Lively Man United earn 3-1 win over BrightonFootball 2 days ago
- View the latest EPL Table after Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-1Football 2 days ago
- Liverpool beat Man City to open up eight-point Premier League leadFootball 2 days ago
- Clinical Gor Mahia run weak AFC Leopards out of townFootball 2 days ago
- Pep Guardiola reveals how he feels after losing 3-1 to LiverpoolFootball 2 days ago