Isaiah Kiplagat Memorial Ndalat Gaa Cross Country Championships: Kibet, Chepkemei shine
Former world under-20 3,000m champion Daisy Chepkemei and Michael Kibet yesterday won the 11th Isaiah Kiplagat Memorial Ndalat Gaa Cross Country Championships in Nandi County.
Tthe venue was changed from Ndalat Gaa Girls High School to Paul Boit Farm, just a kilometre away.
Chepkemei produced a brilliant show to stop the time in 34:12.3 ahead of world under-20 3,000m steeplechase champion Beatrice Chebet who timed 34:49.5.
She surged forward after two kilometres with a high pace that saw her open a wide gap. The alumni of St Agatha Mokwo Girls High School, then maintained the pace to victory.
Chepkemei said she is preparing for 2020 Olympic Games trials next year, where she will line up in 5,000m.
In the men’s front, Michael Kibet from Iten won the men’s senior race in 30:23.4, beating Emmanuel Kipchirchir (30:25.3), Robert Kiprop (30:36.8), and Rodgers Maiyo (30:38.5).
- Tottenham star Son opens up on military training experienceFootball 1 day ago
- Manchester City's Mahrez has watches worth Sh40 million stolenFootball 2 days ago
- Real Madrid 'eye Jadon Sancho transfer in 2021' Gossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Defiant KPL ready to resume league actionFootball 3 hours ago
- Southampton forward Djenepo aiming to be better than Sadio ManePremier League 14 hours ago
- Former Bradford winger in court over alleged sex offence against girl aged 14Football 2 days ago
- Germany: Werder Bremen in danger, a joker to improveFootball 1 day ago