Pogba meets Zidane in Dubai to add fresh fuel to Man Utd transfer talk
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba fuelled transfer rumours as he was pictured with Zinedine Zidane in Dubai.
Zidane is a known admirer of the midfielder, whilst Pogba previously declared a "dream" to play under his fellow Frenchman in Madrid.
Real Madrid are still being linked with a move for the United star ahead of the January transfer window despite Zidane being unable to convince club bosses to splash the cash in the summer.
Rumours were given traction with the pair pictured in conversation - but it seems their encounter was merely a coincidence caught on camera.
Pogba has been in warm weather training at the Transform Altitude Performance Center in a bid to accelerate his recovery from the foot injury which will rule him out of Sunday's game against Liverpool at Anfield.
Meanwhile, Zidane attended the Dubai Artificial Intelligence in Sport (DAIS) Conference and Exhibition in Dubai this week.
The Real Madrid boss was one of the star attractions in the conference about the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) in the sports industry.
The pair encountered each other at the top class training facility being used by Pogba as he aims to get back to full fitness.
The 26-year-old has experienced an injury-plagued start to the campaign, with United getting off to their worst ever start to a Premier League season
Their struggles could see him push for a move again either in January or next summer, with Real Madrid appearing his most likely destination.
Los Blancos have endured a mixed start to the season and Zidane's long-term admiration of Pogba suggests he is unlikely to give up his hopes of signing the World Cup winner to bolster his midfield.
Pogba still has two years left on his Old Trafford deal with an option of an extra 12 months.
- Ajowi among six Kenyan boxers given first round byesBoxing 17 hours ago
- Tokyo Marathon serves as dress rehearsal ahead of Olympic GamesAthletics 2 days ago
- RB Leipzig boss reveals why some of his players wore different kits during match against TottenhamFootball 11 hours ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 4 hours ago
- Van Dijk: Atletico were lucky to beat LiverpoolFootball 2 days ago
- Nakuru County games switched to next monthSports 1 day ago
- World rugby chiefs to review transgender policiesRugby 5 hours ago