Photo: Sergio Aguero involved in car accident en route Manchester City training
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was involved in a car crash on Wednesday.
Aguero was driving his £80,000 Sh10 million Range Rover when the accident occurred, leaving significant damage to the front offside wheel.
But City sources have confirmed the club's all-time leading goalscorer emerged unscathed from the prang and suffered no injury as a result of the collision.
Aguero was not included in Argentina's squad during the international break, for their fixtures against Germany and Ecuador, because he has been carrying an injury.
City's squad did not train today, but are back at the City Football Academy on Thursday, to prepare for Saturday evening's trip to Crystal Palace.
City, trailing Liverpool by eight points at the top of the Premier League table, will be in action at Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The reigning Premier League champions were beaten 2-0 by Wolves before the international break in a blow which has left them already on the back foot in the title race.
It is not known whether Aguero will have recovered sufficiently from his current injury to be included in City's travelling squad for the game at Palace.
International manager Lionel Scaloni revealed he has been carrying an injury so far this season, although he has still scored eight goals in eight appearances.
“Sergio Aguero is not here because he’s been carrying a problem and has not been training 100 per cent with his club," Scaloni said.
Aguero previously hit the headlines for a car crash last season, suffering a fractured rib which caused him to miss action when a taxi he was travelling in hit a lamppost in Amsterdam.
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 2 days ago
- Premier League refs told to use monitors for red cardsPremier League 2 days ago
- Impala seeking redemption against Oilers in crucial tieRugby 2 days ago
- Fireworks as regional teams fight for places in qualifiersBasketball 2 days ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 2 days ago
- Kariobangi Sharks to meet Naivas as Confed Cup startsFootball 2 days ago
- Bigwigs clash in KisumuSports 2 days ago