Gareth Bale and Luka Modric suffer fresh injuries ahead of El-Clasico
Real Madrid fans will be waiting to find out the extent of injuries to Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.
The duo picked fresh injuries during their 1-1-draw EUROS 2020 qualifier match in Cardiff between Wales and Croatia on Sunday.
In the highly contested match, Nikola Vlasic gave Croatia a lead within 10 minutes in Cardiff before Bale scored the equaliser for Wales in first-half stoppage time.
Bale was seen showing signs that he had hurt his left leg during the match but managed to play till the end of the clash.
Wales head coach Ryan Giggs confirmed that Bale was dealing with a cramp during the match but the winger decided to carry on with the game.
On the other hand, 2018 Ballon d'Or winner Luka Modri? was left in some discomfort after collision with Harry Wilson in the final minutes.
The Croatia captain has struggled with injuries this season and was forced off the match with what could be a calf injury.
Modric's injury looked serious as he was substituted late in the game. The Croatian midfielder was left needing help off the pitch, just minutes before the final whistle.
Croatia head coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that "Modric got hit in the muscle, which is awkward and quite painful, so he had to go off."
"He will certainly need a two to three-day break, but I hope he will be okay," he added.
Real Madrid has been hit by injuries this season, with Bale and Modric set to join Toni Kroos, James Rodriguez, Marco Asensio, Thibaut Courtois, Ferland Mendy, Luka Jovic, Marcelo, Brahim Diaz, Nacho Fernandez who have missed playing time.
The Los Blancos find themselves in a tight spot with two away games including the October 26's El Clasico against current champions, Barcelona.
Modric injury means Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane will certainly be left with limited selection in the midfield, with Isco and Federico Valverde the only options.
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago
- Narok: Stadium to be named after NtimamaSports 2 days ago
- Boxing: Boxers take their fight to Kisumu for final legBoxing 2 days ago
- FKF Mombasa sub-branch petition Fifa over ‘flawed election guidelines’Football 2 days ago