Gareth Bale and Luka Modric suffer fresh injuries ahead of El-Clasico
Real Madrid fans will be waiting to find out the extent of injuries to Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.
The duo picked fresh injuries during their 1-1-draw EUROS 2020 qualifier match in Cardiff between Wales and Croatia on Sunday.
In the highly contested match, Nikola Vlasic gave Croatia a lead within 10 minutes in Cardiff before Bale scored the equaliser for Wales in first-half stoppage time.
Bale was seen showing signs that he had hurt his left leg during the match but managed to play till the end of the clash.
Wales head coach Ryan Giggs confirmed that Bale was dealing with a cramp during the match but the winger decided to carry on with the game.
On the other hand, 2018 Ballon d'Or winner Luka Modri? was left in some discomfort after collision with Harry Wilson in the final minutes.
The Croatia captain has struggled with injuries this season and was forced off the match with what could be a calf injury.
Modric's injury looked serious as he was substituted late in the game. The Croatian midfielder was left needing help off the pitch, just minutes before the final whistle.
Croatia head coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that "Modric got hit in the muscle, which is awkward and quite painful, so he had to go off."
"He will certainly need a two to three-day break, but I hope he will be okay," he added.
Real Madrid has been hit by injuries this season, with Bale and Modric set to join Toni Kroos, James Rodriguez, Marco Asensio, Thibaut Courtois, Ferland Mendy, Luka Jovic, Marcelo, Brahim Diaz, Nacho Fernandez who have missed playing time.
The Los Blancos find themselves in a tight spot with two away games including the October 26's El Clasico against current champions, Barcelona.
Modric injury means Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane will certainly be left with limited selection in the midfield, with Isco and Federico Valverde the only options.
- Real's Eden Hazard at risk for City clash after latest injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Messi scores four as Barcelona rout EibarFootball 2 days ago
- Ronaldo marks 1,000th game with record-equalling goalFootball 2 days ago
- Salazar link hit me financially and emotionally, says FarahAthletics 2 days ago
- Pilot in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash faulted for violating flight rules in 2015 caseBasketball 2 days ago
- Tuchel surprised by PSG players partying after Borussia defeatFootball 2 days ago
- Jesus strikes as Man City shrug off spot-kick jitters to beat LeicesterPremier League 2 days ago