Polo: Touchdown Forte win Autumn championships
Touchdown Forte are this year’s Autumn Polo tournament champions.
They achieved the feat after winning their third consecutive match against Cherokee Chiefs whom they dismissed 7.5-3 in the round-robin three match 8-Goal tournament.
Despite starting the match at the advantage of half fraction of a goal from their low handicap, Touchdown Forte, whose team members were Casimir Gross (5), Aisha Gross (1), Morten Jenson (1) and Henry Limb (2.5), proved themselves in the end despite being the weakest team in the tournament.
Yesterday, they scored their goals through Gross, who converted four goals while Limb had three for a total of 7.5 goals.
Cherokee Chiefs converted their goals through Jammie Murray, Jonathan Stichbury and Zambian international Pamela Greenshields.
They won the title with maximum nine points from three matches.
In their penultimate match, the handicap 7.5 Touchdown Forte dismissed Topik Try Hards 5.5-4 on Saturday and should thank the experience of handicap 5 Kenya international Casimir Gross for that triumph.
In another match in the Main Cup contest, Topik Try Hards and Celest Top Trojans settled for a six all draw in the four-chukka match.
Topik Try Hards finished runner-up with four points from three rounds of matches.
- Ex-Arsenal star Henry to coach Montreal ImpactFootball 2 days ago
- Arrest made in murder of dutch footballerFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League confirm changes to VARFootball 2 days ago
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier: Kenya claim famous draw in EgyptFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes set for Baringo 10km raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Road race: Stars gear up for Kass marathon on SundayAthletics 2 days ago
- Athletics: Choge eyes Valencia Marathon redemptionAthletics 2 days ago