Polo: Touchdown Forte win Autumn championships
Touchdown Forte are this year’s Autumn Polo tournament champions.
They achieved the feat after winning their third consecutive match against Cherokee Chiefs whom they dismissed 7.5-3 in the round-robin three match 8-Goal tournament.
Despite starting the match at the advantage of half fraction of a goal from their low handicap, Touchdown Forte, whose team members were Casimir Gross (5), Aisha Gross (1), Morten Jenson (1) and Henry Limb (2.5), proved themselves in the end despite being the weakest team in the tournament.
Yesterday, they scored their goals through Gross, who converted four goals while Limb had three for a total of 7.5 goals.
Cherokee Chiefs converted their goals through Jammie Murray, Jonathan Stichbury and Zambian international Pamela Greenshields.
They won the title with maximum nine points from three matches.
In their penultimate match, the handicap 7.5 Touchdown Forte dismissed Topik Try Hards 5.5-4 on Saturday and should thank the experience of handicap 5 Kenya international Casimir Gross for that triumph.
In another match in the Main Cup contest, Topik Try Hards and Celest Top Trojans settled for a six all draw in the four-chukka match.
Topik Try Hards finished runner-up with four points from three rounds of matches.
- Christian Mbulu dead: Morecambe defender dies at age of 23Football 2 days ago
- Tyson Fury claims he has accepted offer to fight Mike TysonBoxing 2 days ago
- Mwamba RFC announce new kit partnership with Samurai [PHOTOS]Rugby 1 day ago
- Virtual athletics: Cheruiyot to take on Norwegian brothers on June 11Athletics 2 days ago
- Blackburn star, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- Premier League to restart on June 17 Premier League 1 day ago
- David Luiz’s time at Arsenal coming to an end?Football 1 day ago