International friendly: Stars duo Olunga and Were ready to fish out Mambas
Harambee Stars striking duo of Michael Olunga (Kashiwa Reysol) and Jesse Were (Zesco United) have made an exciting promise to fans ahead of tomorrow’s international friendly match against the Mambas of Mozambique at Kasarani Stadium.
Were, who is making a return to the team after he was overlooked for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt by former Stars’ coach Sebastian Migne, is eager to don the national team jersey again.
The Zambian-based forward had been recalled by coach Francis Kimanzi for last month’s friendly against Uganda only for him to pull out of the squad due to a hamstring injury.
But having been given another chance, the former Tusker man is more than ready to make Kenyans proud.
“We have prepared well for the match and the mood in the camp is really encouraging. It has been long since I last played for the national team, but I believe everything happens for a reason. I leave everything to God, but given chance I will do my best and help the team,” Were said.
His sentiments were echoed by the in-form Olunga, who captained the team in their 1-1 draw against Uganda Cranes at the same venue in September. The Kashiwa Reysol talisman also assured fans to expect an entertaining game.
“The fans should come out in large numbers expecting an entertaining game. All players are determined to make our fans happy and proud just like we did against Uganda last month. We would like to continue from where we left off against Uganda,” Olunga said.
- Man City fan arrested over alleged racial abuse releasedFootball 9 hours ago
- Man who inspired millions to do Ice Bucket Challenge diesSports 19 hours ago
- Man in connection with racial gestures and chants during Manchester derby in TROUBLEFootball 2 days ago
- Man United bosses to back to two transfers after Manchester Derby winGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Kenya Cup: Impala beat Quins as Kabras Sugar win again Rugby 2 days ago
- Shock as Mourinho targets Fellaini for January window transfer Premier League 7 hours ago
- Kenyan referees who have handled top-level matches around the world Football 1 day ago