How Arsenal betting mistake earned Nandi man over Sh400,000
While most mistakes in life prove costly, that was not the case for one Julius Kipkemboi, who hails from Kipkaren catchment, Nandi County.
Kipkemboi, predicted 19 games correctly on Odibets to win Ksh423,693 with only Sh49, a victory propelled by a mistake he accidentally committed while placing his bet.
He had initially planned to bet on an Arsenal win as they played Watford on Sunday, however, his luck struck as he mistakenly picked Arsenal women, who were playing against Man United in the FA Women’s Super League, with the former winning.
Had Kipkemboi placed Arsenal men, he would have lost the bet as the Gunners were held by Watford after a shambolic defensive display.
This was one of the games that cost many punters their bets. “I picked my betting strategy from my father who’s been betting on sports for over 40 years,” he said.
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 1 day ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 1 day ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 1 day ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 1 day ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 1 day ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 1 day ago