Arsenal defender asks for fans’ forgiveness after massive mistake at Watford
Sokratis has apologised to the Arsenal fans for his mistake against Watford, saying he feels responsible for the Gunners' poor result.
Arsenal were 2-0 up and cruising against the Hornets on Sunday after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang fired home twice to put his side in the driving seat.
But a lapse in concentration by Sokratis let Watford back in, and the Gunners were well and truly punished after the break.
Attempting to play out from the back, Sokratis saw his pass intercepted by Watford's Gerard Deulofeu, who quickly found Tom Cleverly.
The former Manchester United midfielder then wasted no time leathering the ball past Bernd Leno to half the Hornets' deficit.
Watford continued to push men forward and won a penalty ten minutes before the end, which Roberto Pereyra converted.
Taking to Twitter to apologise, Sokratis wrote: "Today's result is not good for us. I feel responsible for this result, so I would like to apologise to all of you.
"I don't like to hide, and I will keep working hard in order to achieve our goals."
Mesut Ozil, who made his first start for Arsenal this weekend, also tweeted a message to the Gunners supporters.
"Two points dropped. Annoying second half, in the end we have to settle for a disappointing draw," wrote the German.
"Let's try to bounce back soon. Thanks for your support at Vicarage Road."
- Solskjaer aims dig at Liverpool ahead of Man Utd showdownFootball 2 days ago
- Shooters mark Mashujaa Day contest in style Sports 2 days ago
- View the official Man Utd vs Liverpool lineup (Kick-off 6:30pm Kenyan Time)Football 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge feted with the highest civilian state commendation Athletics 2 days ago
- Kenya Morans hunt down Safari Sevens titleRugby 2 days ago
- Man United end Liverpool's winning run in 1-1 drawFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Safari Sevens exposes RFUEA ground’s deplorable stateRugby 2 days ago