Nyayo Stadium to be opened for the first time in two years to host KPL match
Nyayo Stadium will host the first Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match in two years on Sunday when AFC Leopards hosts Kariobangi Sharks at the venue.
The facility has been opened this week two years after being closed for renovations to host the 2018 Africa Nations Championships (CHAN).
The tournament was, however, taken to Morocco as Kenya was not ready to host due to lack of venues.
In the absence of Nyayo Stadium, most teams have been forced to play their home matches in Machakos and Kasarani and both facilities have started wearing out due to overuse.
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 2 days ago
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers promise to deliver Olympics slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Gritty Thunder strike Ulinzi WarriorsBasketball 2 days ago
- Man United and Liverpool in transfer battle to sign Bayer Leverkusen talentPremier League 2 days ago
- Njoroge seeks back to back winsGolf 2 days ago
- FIFA to take legal action to recover $2 million from PlatiniFootball 2 days ago