Nyayo Stadium to be opened for the first time in two years to host KPL match
Nyayo Stadium will host the first Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match in two years on Sunday when AFC Leopards hosts Kariobangi Sharks at the venue.
The facility has been opened this week two years after being closed for renovations to host the 2018 Africa Nations Championships (CHAN).
The tournament was, however, taken to Morocco as Kenya was not ready to host due to lack of venues.
In the absence of Nyayo Stadium, most teams have been forced to play their home matches in Machakos and Kasarani and both facilities have started wearing out due to overuse.
- INEOS 1:59 - Kenyans flood social media to support Eliud Kipchoge on D-DayAthletics 2 days ago
- Massive crowds in Eldoret to witness Kipchoge’s INEOS challenge [Photos] Athletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge does it!Athletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge runs unofficial marathon in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- How Eliud Kipchoge ended the INEOS 1:59 Challenge in style [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge congratulatory messages flood in Athletics 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge’s family and friends react to his historic achievement in ViennaAthletics 2 days ago