Hill Climb: Duncan leads stellar cast in Naivasha race
Hill Climb Competition, slated for September 21 to 22 in Malewa Bay Naivasha, has attracted 22 entries among them top rally drivers as Ian Duncan.
The low budget sport is known for thrills as drivers battle to set fastest times up a climbing stretch of 3km of graded track.
The Powerlast Hill Climb event is organised by Rift Valley Motor and Sports Club and sponsored by Chloride Exide where a variety of competing cars range from motorbikes, quads, buggies and modified rally cars.
With the huge interest from drivers, the Powerlast Hill Climb is set to expand as more competitors join.
Duncan, the multiple winner of numerous awards in motorsport leads a stellar cast that has among others father and daughter of Tim and Sayanna Jessop.
The Young family of Peter Young, Chantel Young and Zane Young among others. So far twenty-three have entered in various machines.
“We are looking forward to this year’s Powerlast Hill climb with promises of a bigger, more adrenaline-filled event and fun for the whole family. Powerlast Hill Climb has everything it takes to create a glamorous national sports event grounded on speed, skills, stuntmanship, and a lot of nail-biting adventure,’’ said Devan Jadeja, the Event Director.
The programme will start with Scrutineering, Parade Lap and then two full days of action. Other officials running the event are; Kakey Virdee (Assistant COC), Sunny Bashir (Chief Safety Officer), Keith Henria (Chief Scrutineering). Pich Bhabra (Assistant Scrutineer) and Raj Jutley.
- Rugby: Safari Sevens exposes RFUEA ground’s deplorable stateRugby 2 days ago
- South Africa 26-3 Japan: Springboks through to Rugby World Cup semi-finalsRugby 2 days ago
- Body Building: Iron lady Owala bags historic elite pro cardSports 2 days ago
- Rooney's MLS adventure comes to sour endFootball 2 days ago
- Golf: Last-minute birdie gives Koech victory in MombasaGolf 2 days ago
- England coach: Ronaldo, Messi wouldn't do what rugby players doRugby 1 day ago
- Kenya 7s eye Tokyo Olympics qualifiersRugby 1 day ago