Teams battle in KVF league in Nanyuki
The sixth leg of Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) league starts at Nanyuki Stadium tomorrow morning.
Although some teams will miss key players, who are in the Malkia Strikers squad at the World Cup in Japan, KVF Fixtures Secretary Ishmael Chege said their absence will not water down the competition.
He said teams cannot be exempted from league matches, "because they have one or two players in the national team."
“The absence of two or three players who are in the national team will not affect teams' performance in league matches and their matches cannot be rescheduled," he said.
Chege said it's only one club that has five players in the Malkia Strikers squad.
Yesterday, Malkia Strikers departed to Japan for the showpiece that runs from Saturday to September 29.
League matches will only be played tomorrow ahead of the two-day Laikipia County tournament set for Saturday and Sunday, which has attracted many teams.
Defending champions General Service Unit (GSU) continue their campaign to stay on top of the league table against tough opposition as teams strive to qualify for playoffs set for Kasarani Stadium in November.
GSU, who top the standings with 14 points, start with a match against Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in a tie that KDF head coach Alfred Chedatum is optimistic of getting maximum points.
Chedatum said he was aware of the task ahead of him and expects a tough match. He said they are equal to the task.
"We have trained well and ready for competition," he said.
Four teams in KDF, Kenya Prisons, Kenya Ports Authority and Equity Bank are tied in second spot in the league standings with 12 points and their performance in the Nanyuki leg determines their chances to qualify for playoffs.
KDF will then take on Equity Bank before meeting Kenya Prisons.
- Trouble for Liverpool as key 5 star players out with injuriesPremier League 2 days ago
- ‘Mtoto mkubwa’ – Mourinho was warned about signing LukakuFootball 2 days ago
- Kings end Celtics 10 game win runBasketball 2 days ago
- Man City’s Aguero could have been a Chelsea player…but…Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago