Twaha Mbarak appointed to Bandari Board of Trustees
Former Football Kenya Federation vice-president Twaha Mbarak has been appointed to the Board of Trustees of Premier League side, Bandari FC.
In a letter written, by the Kenya Ports Authority Managing Director Daniel Manduku and seen by Standard Sports, the club has moved to tap the experience of the respected sports administrator and Mombasa businessman.
“In view of your vast experience in football administration both at the Coast region and at national level, I am convinced that you have the requisite skills, passion and expertise that will add value to the management of the club,” KPA MD Manduku wrote in the appointment offer.
“In this regard, I hereby appoint you as a member of the Board of Trustees of the club with effect from September 10, 2019.”
The letter, however, indicated Twaha will not draw any salary or remuneration. “However, if and when you are on official assignment, an appropriate allowance will be paid to you in accordance with the Club’s Trust Deed and the laid down policy, which I will encourage you to familiarize yourself with,” the letter reads.
Twaha, is best remembered for his efforts to normalise Kenya’s relations with the world football governing body, Fifa, leading to unified elections in 2011.
The former Black Panther attacking midfielder said he was looking forward to working with Bandari FC fraternity in their quest to realise success both on and off the pitch.
“It is a big honour for me to be joining the Bandari Board of Trustees. I would like to thank KPA MD and the club for the trust they has bestowed on me to join this wonderful family.
“This club is capable of achieving many things. Bandari players, technical staff and the entire management have demonstrated they are hungry for success which is an important element in pursuit of the club’s mission and vision,” Twaha said.
He added: “I would like to wish the club well against US Guerdane in the Caf Confederation Cup on Sunday.”
- CS Amina flags off Kenya’s shooting team ahead of IDPA tourneySports 18 hours ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 11 hours ago
- Africa deaf athletes’ championships startAthletics 11 hours ago
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 11 hours ago
- USM Algier humble Gor Mahia in CAF Champions League matchFootball 11 hours ago
- Kenya confident as inaugural Africa fiesta kicks offAthletics 11 hours ago
- Malkia Strikers make false start in JapanVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago