Cristiano Ronaldo reveals why 2018 was his most difficult year
Cristiano Ronaldo told Portuguese television on Tuesday that "2018 was the most difficult year on a personal level."
Ronaldo had to deal with rape allegations last year after former model Kathryn Mayorga filed a complaint in September alleging she was sexually assaulted by the footballer in 2009 in a Las Vegas hotel room.
The case was dismissed in a Nevada court in June, though the filing did not say if Ronaldo had agreed on a settlement.
He denies the accusation, although he has reportedly acknowledged that he paid Mayorga in an earlier settlement.
"When people question your honour, it hurts," he said on Tuesday. "It hurts a lot mainly because I have a big family, a wife and an intelligent child who understands a lot of things."
"This is a case I'm not comfortable expressing myself on. But once again, my innocence has been proven. It makes me proud," said the Juventus and former Manchester United and Real Madrid star.
- Benitez not keen on Arsenal and Everton jobsPremier League 2 days ago
- Benzema could face trial over tapePremier League 2 days ago
- Gundogan reveals why Man City is falling behind Liverpool in title racePremier League 2 days ago
- Arsenal to hold talks with Carlo AncelottiPremier League 2 days ago
- Australian Barty named WTA Player of the YearTennis 2 days ago
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 2 days ago
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 2 days ago