Schools: Mogonga win opener
National Boys Mogonga PAG announced their arrival onto the East Africa scene with a win against Uganda’s Mbogo Mixed as the 2019 games entered Day Two TGT grounds.
Mogonga, who are looking to end Kenya’s two-year wait, took the first set 25-22. They were solid in the second set taking it 25-14 before winning in 28-26 in a tightly contested third set.
Lelmokwo Secondary School were, however, not lucky as they went down 3-2 (25-23, 23-25, 25-23, 19-25, 16-14) to Tanzania’s Twangoma.
In football, national champions St Anthony’s Kitale beat Lindi Secondary School 4-0 in their opening Group A match.
A hat-trick from skipper Tyson Kapchanga and a shot from Daniel Odhiambo gave the 2002 East Africa champions the resounding victory on their return to the regional games after missing out on last year’s championship in Musanze, Rwanda.
Odhiambo missed a second half penalty as his shot hit the cross bar. St Anthony’s coach coach Peter Mayoyo praised his charges for the impressive start, but admitted they can still do better.
“We should have had more goals because we controlled the game from the onset, but we are yet to reach our level. We want to improve with every match ,” Mayoyo said.
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 9 hours ago
- Kenya on brink of Davis Cup promotion Tennis 2 days ago
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 3 hours ago
- Faith, Cheruiyot light up Nyayo as team namedAthletics 2 days ago
- Arsenal fans, will you accept this defender's heartfelt apology? Football 6 hours ago
- Arsenal's Lacazette ruled out until OctoberFootball 2 days ago
- CS Amina flags off Kenya’s shooting team ahead of IDPA tourneySports 1 hour ago