Schools: Mogonga win opener
National Boys Mogonga PAG announced their arrival onto the East Africa scene with a win against Uganda’s Mbogo Mixed as the 2019 games entered Day Two TGT grounds.
Mogonga, who are looking to end Kenya’s two-year wait, took the first set 25-22. They were solid in the second set taking it 25-14 before winning in 28-26 in a tightly contested third set.
Lelmokwo Secondary School were, however, not lucky as they went down 3-2 (25-23, 23-25, 25-23, 19-25, 16-14) to Tanzania’s Twangoma.
In football, national champions St Anthony’s Kitale beat Lindi Secondary School 4-0 in their opening Group A match.
A hat-trick from skipper Tyson Kapchanga and a shot from Daniel Odhiambo gave the 2002 East Africa champions the resounding victory on their return to the regional games after missing out on last year’s championship in Musanze, Rwanda.
Odhiambo missed a second half penalty as his shot hit the cross bar. St Anthony’s coach coach Peter Mayoyo praised his charges for the impressive start, but admitted they can still do better.
“We should have had more goals because we controlled the game from the onset, but we are yet to reach our level. We want to improve with every match ,” Mayoyo said.
- PSG star linked with move to Old Trafford but Utd are wary of repeating mistakes made with SanchezFootball 20 hours ago
- Bolt set to become father after announcing girlfriend is expectingSports 1 day ago
- Teenager Gauff stuns Osaka in MelbourneTennis 16 hours ago
- You are right Solskjaer – Man United are not good enoughFootball 1 day ago
- Is this Bidco United’s yearSports 2 days ago
- Nadal eases into third round in MelbourneTennis 1 day ago
- Stars sweat over Adel’s Sh108m debtFootball 2 days ago