Schools: Kenyans seek to defend East Africa overall gong
Kenya teams to this year’s Federation of East Africa Secondary Schools Sports Association games will be looking to defend the overall trophy when the games begin today in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Kenyans will be looking to defend rugby 7s and 15s, hockey, swimming, girls’ volleyball and football and tennis titles.
They will also be out to reclaim their lost glory in boys’ volleyball, football, handball, basketball, athletics and badminton.
The Kenyan boys will be out to extend their dominance in rugby and hockey.
Rugby 7s champions Laiser Hill will lead Upper Hill and 2016 East Africa winners St Peter’s Mumias in chase for a medal sweep.
The same will be expected of Kakamega High, Dagoretti High and Kangaru School in rugby 15s.
Kenya has dominated the regional games winning 16 overall trophies while Uganda has won once; at 2014 games in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Bundesliga kicks off youth training program in KenyaFootball 11 hours ago
- Amira take on rookies Oranje in league tieHockey 4 hours ago
- Beach Volleyball: No time to relax as squad eyes vital slotVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago
- Tokyo has no 'Plan B' for this year's Summer Olympics despite coronavirusAthletics 13 hours ago
- Lukaku takes Inter to the round of 16 in an empty stadiumFootball 19 hours ago
- Okoth books ticket to Tokyo OlympicsBoxing 20 hours ago
- Kiplagat and Cherono set for Boston MarathonAthletics 17 hours ago