Schools: Kenyans seek to defend East Africa overall gong
Kenya teams to this year’s Federation of East Africa Secondary Schools Sports Association games will be looking to defend the overall trophy when the games begin today in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Kenyans will be looking to defend rugby 7s and 15s, hockey, swimming, girls’ volleyball and football and tennis titles.
They will also be out to reclaim their lost glory in boys’ volleyball, football, handball, basketball, athletics and badminton.
The Kenyan boys will be out to extend their dominance in rugby and hockey.
Rugby 7s champions Laiser Hill will lead Upper Hill and 2016 East Africa winners St Peter’s Mumias in chase for a medal sweep.
The same will be expected of Kakamega High, Dagoretti High and Kangaru School in rugby 15s.
Kenya has dominated the regional games winning 16 overall trophies while Uganda has won once; at 2014 games in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Nike’s Breaking 2 versus the Ineos 1:59 ChallengeAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge whets North Rift's super Saturday Athletics 2 days ago
- Chess: Equity Bank seek redemption in league actionSports 2 days ago
- Rugby: Oilers in tough Floodlit final against KCB today Rugby 2 days ago
- Lionesses in Tunisia for 2020 Olympic qualifiers Rugby 2 days ago
- International friendly: Stars duo Olunga and Were ready to fish out MambasFootball 2 days ago
- Hockey: Greensharks plot to attack Wazalendo ladsHockey 2 days ago