Footballer dies aged 31 after 'falling off train'
A former Charlton Athletic player has been found dead after allegedly falling from a train.
Me Aboubacar Diomande, 31, was believed to be travelling to meet new teammates in Kolkata, India, when tragedy struck in the district of Chhattisgarh.
Diomande's identity was allegedly discovered after his phone was found near the body, which contained identification documents.
The body was said to be left in a mutilated state when it was discovered near Baradwar railway station.
Udyan Behar, a local police officer reporting on the incident, said: "It was not clear by which train he was travelling.
He became something of a club legend at Stella Club d'Adjame, who he played for over a 12-year period, which ended earlier this summer.
Diomande had only arrived in India on August 8, having had a visa granted to play football in India in July.
It is reported that police tried to look for missing bags on the train at Howrah Station, but were unsuccessful in finding any.
Nobody has yet come to claim the body, despite police contacting his friends and family.
- Liverpool ready to move for Salburg star Minamino in the January transfer windowPremier League 2 days ago
- Liverpool beat Man United to sign Japan star Minamino Premier League 2 days ago
- Former Liverpool FC WAG guilty of funding terrorism over ISIS supportPremier League 2 days ago
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 2 days ago
- Okwiri thirsts for title defence Boxing 1 day ago
- NSL: Stakes high ahead of City Stars, Black Stars matchSports 1 day ago