Harambee Starlets to face Ethiopia ahead of Malawi Olympics qualifier
The Kenya Women National team, Harambee Starlets will play Ethiopia in an International friendly match this Saturday at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.
The match is part of Kenya’s preparations ahead of their Olympics Qualifier against Malawi, whose first leg will be played on August 28 in Malawi and the return leg on September 1 at Kasarani.
Starlets kicked off residential training on Monday.
Kenya got a bye in the first round, and will have either of Gabon or Ghana in their way in the third round should they pass the Malawi test.
The qualifying tournament, which is in its fifth edition, will determine which team gains qualification to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan.
Elsewhere, the Kenya U15 National Team jetted out to Eritrea yesterday for Cecafa U15 Championships.
The team held its final training session on Monday morning and it is now all systems go for the junior regional showpiece which will see 11 teams battle it out in a Group and Knockout format.
“Fans can expect exciting football from us. We are more than ready. We have put in a lot of effort in camp and it’s now time to translate it on the pitch,” said coach Sagar Lakhani.
Kenya has been pooled in Group A alongside Somalia, Burundi and hosts Eritrea.
- Matano: League title race will go down to the wireFootball 19 hours ago
- Kiplagat and Cherono set for Boston MarathonAthletics 18 hours ago
- Ramogi falls short of making Olympic Games teamBoxing 1 day ago
- Bayern Munich players spotted in bar night before thumping Chelsea 3-0Football 2 days ago
- Footballer in Italy has been diagnosed with coronavirusFootball 21 hours ago
- Fury ready to pay Wilder millions to skip third fightBoxing 2 days ago
- CAF bars Zimbabwe from hosting international matchesFootball 2 days ago