Harambee Starlets to face Ethiopia ahead of Malawi Olympics qualifier
The Kenya Women National team, Harambee Starlets will play Ethiopia in an International friendly match this Saturday at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.
The match is part of Kenya’s preparations ahead of their Olympics Qualifier against Malawi, whose first leg will be played on August 28 in Malawi and the return leg on September 1 at Kasarani.
Starlets kicked off residential training on Monday.
Kenya got a bye in the first round, and will have either of Gabon or Ghana in their way in the third round should they pass the Malawi test.
The qualifying tournament, which is in its fifth edition, will determine which team gains qualification to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan.
Elsewhere, the Kenya U15 National Team jetted out to Eritrea yesterday for Cecafa U15 Championships.
The team held its final training session on Monday morning and it is now all systems go for the junior regional showpiece which will see 11 teams battle it out in a Group and Knockout format.
“Fans can expect exciting football from us. We are more than ready. We have put in a lot of effort in camp and it’s now time to translate it on the pitch,” said coach Sagar Lakhani.
Kenya has been pooled in Group A alongside Somalia, Burundi and hosts Eritrea.
- Step by step explanation of how SportPesa, Betin case win against KRA will affect your betFootball 2 days ago
- Kenya's Komen wins Athens Classic MarathonAthletics 2 days ago
- Basketball: UON Dynamites explode into KBF semis play-offsBasketball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Langat and Chepkorir win annual Gakuru memorial raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Hockey: Novices Oranje Leonas lead promotion raceHockey 2 days ago
- Football: Crunch moment as Kenya clash with Zambia in decisive Tokyo Olympics qualifiersFootball 2 days ago
- Golf: Home golfer Nderi win Che Memorial title at Railways ClubGolf 2 days ago