FKF parts ways with Harambee Stars Coach Sebastien Migne
Football Kenya Federation and Harambee Stars head coach Sébastien Migné have agreed to terminate the coach’s contract on mutual consent.
According to the statement released Monday evening, the French international will no longer be the national team’s coach and that the reorganization and appointment process for a new technical bench is already underway.
“Football Kenya Federation and Harambee Stars Head Coach Sébastien Migné have agreed to terminate the coach’s contract on mutual consent. Consequently, FKF and Migné have agreed on a settlement for the coach, over a period of time.
"The Federation wishes to thank Coach Migné for his exemplary work and high standard of professionalism during his tenure, which culminated in the country qualifying for the 2019 AFCON tournament for the first time in 15 years,” read the statement in part.
This comes after a dismal performance at the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt last month and the recent early exit from the African Nations Championships in the hands of neighbours Tanzania.
Kenya exited the Africa Cup of Nations tournament after winning only once in three group stage matches.
The national team, under the stewardship of Migne, lost to the Desert Foxes of Algeria and Senegal but managed a win against Tanzania.
A few weeks later, Tanzania would get a chance to revenge as they bundled Kenya out of the African Nations Championships (CHAN).
Both legs of the tie ended in barren draws before Taifa Stars won on 4-1 penalties in Nairobi.
Kenya’s exit from the tourney sparked emotions among Kenyans who wanted the tactician out.
In response to that, defiant Migne took to the press to thump his chest on how impossible it was for the federation to sack him given its struggle to pay his salary.
As he exits the scene, FKF will now be tasked with finding a perfect and cheaper replacement for him.
- Man Utd top 8 long-term transfer targetsPremier League 2 days ago
- Trouble for Liverpool as key 5 star players out with injuriesPremier League 2 days ago
- ‘Mtoto mkubwa’ – Mourinho was warned about signing LukakuFootball 2 days ago
- Kings end Celtics 10 game win runBasketball 2 days ago
- Man City’s Aguero could have been a Chelsea player…but…Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago