Arsenal given lifeline in sealing stunning free transfer despite transfer window closure
English Premier League giants Arsenal may be in for another transfer despite the country’s transfer window closing on Thursday, July 8.
According to Football Italia, Juventus are frustrated with their midfielder Sami Khedira as he has reportedly turned down numerous offers from across the world.
The former Real Madrid man is said to have turned down moves to Besiktas, Fenerbahce, Wolves and MLS.
The Serie A champions seem to be disadvantaged in their quest to get rid of the 32-year-old German as he is under contract until the summer of 2021.
With new coach Maurizio Sarri making younger signings in Aaron Ramsey and Adrien Rabiot, Khedira may not be in his plans for this season.
Reports in Italy claim that Juve are irritated with the German’s refusal of every deal proposed to him and his agents.
What makes his story interesting is his reported urge to join arsenal.
Football Italia, in their translated article, say that Khedira was only interested in a move to Arsenal which didn’t come to fruition before the Premier League transfer deadline.
With options shrinking for the Old Lady, it is becoming more likely that they will attempt to terminate his contract by mutual consent.
If they do, his Arsenal transfer could be resuscitated as fellow German Mesut Ozil is now being linked with a move to the MLS after the carjacking incident in London last month.
If Ozil's move to the US goes through, Arsenal may need a replacement with only a free transfer accepted by the Premier League transfer rules.
- Chinese football transfer market collapses in face of coronavirusFootball 17 hours ago
- Ramogi falls short of making Olympic Games teamBoxing 1 day ago
- Man City's appeal against two-year European ban officially registeredFootball 1 day ago
- First professional football player diagnosed with coronavirus Football 2 hours ago
- Hockey maestro Aura takes over big job at ButaliHockey 2 days ago
- Boxing: Wilder says wants Fury rematch Boxing 2 days ago
- Athletics: It's race against time for Manangoi Athletics 2 days ago