Good news for Manchester United as star midfielder snubs rivals
Bruno Fernandes' possible transfer to Manchester United is back on after Sporting Lisbon reportedly snubbed an offer from Tottenham.
The Red Devils opened the door for Spurs to steal a march on them in the race to sign the Portugal international by prioritising landing Leicester City defender Harry Maguire.
Spurs sent two senior officials out to Portugal to close a deal for Fernandes as the club are looking for an alternative to Real Betis star Giovani Lo Celso.
But Sporting are reportedly unhappy with the offer that has been made, re-opening the door for Manchester United to swoop after landing Maguire.
According to Portuguese publication RTP, via SportWitness, Tottenham offered well below Sporting's £64million valuation for the midfield sensation.
RTP adds that there are a number of clubs still interested in Fernandes and that the midfielder could still leave Sporting Lisbon.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recently voiced his frustration in the transfer window slamming shut on Thursday, before the start of the new season.
"I think we have picked the short straw," Solskjaer told Sky Sports News.
"When we are done and our league starts there are still three more weeks with clubs hovering around your players, I don't think it's a good one for us, no."
- KSI defeats Paul in bout of YouTube boxersBoxing 2 days ago
- Unai Emery gives update about his job following Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to LeicesterFootball 2 days ago
- Step by step explanation of how SportPesa, Betin case win against KRA will affect your betFootball 2 days ago
- Lively Man United earn 3-1 win over BrightonFootball 2 days ago
- View the latest EPL Table after Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-1Football 2 days ago
- Liverpool beat Man City to open up eight-point Premier League leadFootball 2 days ago
- Clinical Gor Mahia run weak AFC Leopards out of townFootball 2 days ago