Real Madrid’s plan to sign Sh23 billion rated Pogba revealed
Real Madrid have hatched a new plan to sign Paul Pogba - being patient.
Through the player himself and his outspoken agent Mino Raiola, Real have put pressure on Manchester United to sell their star midfielder.
But the Old Trafford club's response has been to slap a huge £180million price tag on the French World Cup winner.
Real were initially thought to be desperate to complete the move before August 8 - deadline day in England.
That would have given United time to sign a replacement rather than shut up shop before the La Liga deadline on September 2.
But according to Madrid-based newspaper AS, Real no longer feel the need to rush and are willing to wait until late in the window.
Real are prepared to pay £130m for Pogba, significantly below United's valuation.
According to the same report, Bruno Fernandez, Christian Eriksen and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic are back-up options, should Real not be able to prise their No.1 target from United
Meanwhile, Real are likely to lose three forward players this summer in Gareth Bale, Dani Ceballos and James Rodriguez.
Bale has been told in no uncertain terms by manager Zinedine Zidane that he is free to leave the club with the Frenchman adding that he hopes it is "tomorrow".
Bale's exorbitant wage demands mean he is unlikely to remain in Europe despite interest from United, Tottenham, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich.
A move to the Chinese Super League is more likely with two clubs reportedly chasing the Welsh winger's signature.
Spain international Ceballos meanwhile is set to join Arsenal on loan while Rodriguez is a target for Real's city rivals Atletico.
- Wilson Kipsang survives road accident [Photos]Athletics 1 day ago
- Former Liverpool FC WAG guilty of funding terrorism over ISIS supportPremier League 6 hours ago
- Napoli name Gattuso as coach to replace AncelottiFootball 1 day ago
- SWIMMING: Bandari, Mombasa clubs shineSports 1 hour ago
- Klopp provides injury update on Liverpool trio ahead of Salzburg clashFootball 2 days ago
- Murray's pre-season training interrupted by groin injuryTennis 10 hours ago
- Jesus hat-trick gives Man City 4-1 win at DinamoFootball 17 hours ago