Dynamites and Storms win KBF Premier League ties
Debutants University of Nairobi (UON) Dynamites and Storms yesterday won their Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women Premier League matches at the Nyayo Gymnasium.
Dynamites gave visiting Western Delight a rude welcome thrashing them 74-41 to chalk their eighth win of the season.
Storms, on the other hand, beat former champions Eagle Wings 67-58. The victory saw rookies Dynamites enhance their chances of sealing a play-offs slot.
Evergreen Faith Atieno anchored Dynamites to victory with 21 points while Immaculate Cheruto scored 15 for Delight.
Dynamites had a solid show with the duo of Atieno and Valarie Kemunto calling the shots to take the first quarter 18-9.
Delight seemed to lack a proper game plan and were subdued in the second period as the students eased to a comfortable 40-19 lead at halftime.
On resumption, UON continued to dominate the game scoring 34 points against Delight’s 22 to consolidate their spot in the last eight.
Linet Atieno was on fire for Storms sinking 24 points with Steffi Ngabire adding 17 to deliver their side’s 10th victory.
Sandra Ekasiba and Lucy Machuma were also superb scoring 18 points each but their effort was not good enough to save Eagle Wings from seventh defeat.
- Real Madrid chief name price he will pay for Paul PogbaFootball 1 day ago
- Lakers Hockey Club savour inaugural season in Premier LeagueHockey 2 days ago
- Fiji start World Sevens series defence with victory over JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Solskjaer sends warning to Man Utd under-performing stars Premier League 2 days ago
- Ole Gunnar reveals what Man United’s win over Mourinho's Spurs meant to his teamFootball 23 hours ago
- Kenyans let go of Copa Africa Cup trophy after lossSports 2 days ago
- Five-star Liverpool thrash sorry EvertonFootball 2 days ago