Dynamites and Storms win KBF Premier League ties
Debutants University of Nairobi (UON) Dynamites and Storms yesterday won their Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women Premier League matches at the Nyayo Gymnasium.
Dynamites gave visiting Western Delight a rude welcome thrashing them 74-41 to chalk their eighth win of the season.
Storms, on the other hand, beat former champions Eagle Wings 67-58. The victory saw rookies Dynamites enhance their chances of sealing a play-offs slot.
Evergreen Faith Atieno anchored Dynamites to victory with 21 points while Immaculate Cheruto scored 15 for Delight.
Dynamites had a solid show with the duo of Atieno and Valarie Kemunto calling the shots to take the first quarter 18-9.
Delight seemed to lack a proper game plan and were subdued in the second period as the students eased to a comfortable 40-19 lead at halftime.
On resumption, UON continued to dominate the game scoring 34 points against Delight’s 22 to consolidate their spot in the last eight.
Linet Atieno was on fire for Storms sinking 24 points with Steffi Ngabire adding 17 to deliver their side’s 10th victory.
Sandra Ekasiba and Lucy Machuma were also superb scoring 18 points each but their effort was not good enough to save Eagle Wings from seventh defeat.
- Man United manager Solskjaer speaks on new club signingsFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 1 month ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago