Lukaku makes decision on Man Utd future after Solskjaer talks
Romelu Lukaku wants to leave Manchester United this summer after becoming frustrated by how he has been treated by boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to reports.
The Norwegian was believed to have held talks with the 26-year-old earlier this week in an attempt to persuade the attacker to spend at least one more season with the Premier League club.
The Sun, though, claim that plea has fallen on deaf ears with Lukaku having become disillusioned with life at Old Trafford under Solskjaer.
Inter Milan are leading the chase for the former Everton forward and are trying to find ways to fund a £75m move for the forward.
It is thought the Belgium international has become frustrated by Solskjaer favouring England's Marcus Rashford as the man to lead his line.
The 26-year-old's mood was unlikely to have been lifted when Rashford was handed a bumper new £300,000-a-week deal last month, further highlighting the fact Lukaku has fallen behind the academy graduate in the pecking order.
With United unable to bring in a stellar striker so far this summer, Solskjaer was said to be keen on handing the former Everton man another chance to prove his worth at Old Trafford.
However, Lukaku is no longer eager to stick around and is favouring a move to Inter after previously stating his desire to one day play in Italy.
New Inter boss Antonio Conte has also made Lukaku feel welcome, a contrast to how the 26-year-old has felt under Solskjaer over the past six months at Old Trafford.
After joining from Everton for £75m two years ago, the Belgium international has netted 28 goals in 66 Premier League games for the Red Devils.
However, after falling out of favour towards the end of last season, it is expected that the 26-year-old will leave Old Trafford in the summer.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago