Shock as Arsenal senior defender refuses to travel to USA on pre-season tour and wants club to terminate deal
Arsenal have confirmed Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel for the US for the club's pre-season tour.
In an official statement, the Gunners said: "Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour.
"We are very disappointed by Laurent’s actions, which are against our clear instructions.
"We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time."
Koscielny is in the final year of his contract and wants the club to come to a mutual agreement to terminate his deal.
The Frenchman has three offers from Ligue 1, one of which is a three-year contract from Bordeaux, and is desperate to depart the Emirates.
Koscielny, 33, is the Gunners' club captain and has seemingly taken the step of refusing to travel in a bid to try and force a move away.
He joined Arsenal in 2010 and has played at least 29 games in each of his nine seasons in north London.
In all, Koscielny has made 353 appearances for the Gunners, scoring 27 goals.
He has won two FA Cups during his time with the club but has not been able to help Arsenal to a league title.
If Koscielny does leave, he will bow out after another trophy-less season after Unai Emery's side were beaten in the Europa League final by Chelsea.
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 20 hours ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 20 hours ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 20 hours ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursAthletics 18 hours ago