Shock as Arsenal senior defender refuses to travel to USA on pre-season tour and wants club to terminate deal
Arsenal have confirmed Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel for the US for the club's pre-season tour.
In an official statement, the Gunners said: "Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour.
"We are very disappointed by Laurent’s actions, which are against our clear instructions.
"We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time."
Koscielny is in the final year of his contract and wants the club to come to a mutual agreement to terminate his deal.
The Frenchman has three offers from Ligue 1, one of which is a three-year contract from Bordeaux, and is desperate to depart the Emirates.
Koscielny, 33, is the Gunners' club captain and has seemingly taken the step of refusing to travel in a bid to try and force a move away.
He joined Arsenal in 2010 and has played at least 29 games in each of his nine seasons in north London.
In all, Koscielny has made 353 appearances for the Gunners, scoring 27 goals.
He has won two FA Cups during his time with the club but has not been able to help Arsenal to a league title.
If Koscielny does leave, he will bow out after another trophy-less season after Unai Emery's side were beaten in the Europa League final by Chelsea.
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 2 weeks ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 3 weeks ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 2 weeks ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 2 weeks ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 week ago