Two Kenyan athletes suspended for violating Anti-Doping rules
The IAAF has moved to hand Kenyan long-distance runners Joyce Chepkirui and Jacob Kibet suspensions over violation of Anti-Doping rules.
Through a tweet seen by Game Yetu on Tuesday, July 9, the AIU confirmed Kibet and Chepkirui have both been given provisional suspensions.
Kibet is said to have evaded submitting a sample for collection.
The AIU confirms a Provisional Suspension against Kenyan long-distance runners Jacob Kibet Chulyo Kendagor and Joyce Chepkirui for violations of the @iaaforg Anti-Doping Rules.
Find out more ? https://t.co/opInfkVlnV#AIUNews #CleanSport pic.twitter.com/QsXAn3W90a — Athletics Integrity Unit (@aiu_athletics) July 9, 2019
Chepkirui, a former Commonwealth Games 10,000-metre champion is said to have had discrepancies in her Athletes Biological Passport (ABP) as well as using ‘prohibited substances’
"The AIU confirms a Provisional Suspension against Kenyan long-distance runners Jacob Kibet Chulyo Kendagor and Joyce Chepkirui for violations of the @iaaforg Anti-Doping Rules," said the Athletics Integrity Unit in a tweet.
- Big show at Magical Kenya Ladies OpenGolf 2 days ago
- Watford appoint Nigel Pearson as third new manager of the season Premier League 16 hours ago
- Romelu Lukaku vs Chris Smalling clash labelled 'Black Friday'Football 2 days ago
- FKF clinches Sh127 million Odibets dealSports 1 day ago
- Pochettino responds to Arsenal speculation ahead of return to LondonFootball 1 hour ago
- Lakers Hockey Club savour inaugural season in Premier LeagueHockey 2 days ago
- Bellerin lost for words after latest Arsenal defeatFootball 1 day ago