Two Kenyan athletes suspended for violating Anti-Doping rules
The IAAF has moved to hand Kenyan long-distance runners Joyce Chepkirui and Jacob Kibet suspensions over violation of Anti-Doping rules.
Through a tweet seen by Game Yetu on Tuesday, July 9, the AIU confirmed Kibet and Chepkirui have both been given provisional suspensions.
Kibet is said to have evaded submitting a sample for collection.
The AIU confirms a Provisional Suspension against Kenyan long-distance runners Jacob Kibet Chulyo Kendagor and Joyce Chepkirui for violations of the @iaaforg Anti-Doping Rules.
Find out more ? https://t.co/opInfkVlnV#AIUNews #CleanSport pic.twitter.com/QsXAn3W90a — Athletics Integrity Unit (@aiu_athletics) July 9, 2019
Chepkirui, a former Commonwealth Games 10,000-metre champion is said to have had discrepancies in her Athletes Biological Passport (ABP) as well as using ‘prohibited substances’
"The AIU confirms a Provisional Suspension against Kenyan long-distance runners Jacob Kibet Chulyo Kendagor and Joyce Chepkirui for violations of the @iaaforg Anti-Doping Rules," said the Athletics Integrity Unit in a tweet.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago