Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hope
Wilfried Zaha refused to rule out a move to Arsenal when pressed over the potential transfer.
Zaha is currently away with the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations as Crystal Palace look to keep their star man.
The Eagles are determined to hold on to Zaha having already sold Aaron Wan-Bissaka to Manchester United in a £50million deal.
Arsenal want to sign Zaha and the winger's brother has pleaded with Palace to let the former Red Devils star realise his 'dream' of playing for the Gunners, his boyhood club.
Emirates chiefs launched an initial offer of £40million but Palace want at least double that, with Arsenal hopeful of bringing down the asking price by offering players in part exchange.
Speaking ahead of the Ivorians' last-16 clash against Mali, Zaha said: "I have no comment on it [Arsenal’s bid].
"The only thing that’s on my mind right now is trying to win this cup [Africa Cup of Nations]."
When asked whether he would like to be an Arsenal player, he added: "I don’t know. We’ll see in the future.”
Zaha is in his second permanent spell at Palace having also had two separate loan stints in south London.
He hit double figures in goals for the first time in his career last term as he helped the Eagles stave off the threat of relegation from the Premier League.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago