Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hope
Wilfried Zaha refused to rule out a move to Arsenal when pressed over the potential transfer.
Zaha is currently away with the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations as Crystal Palace look to keep their star man.
The Eagles are determined to hold on to Zaha having already sold Aaron Wan-Bissaka to Manchester United in a £50million deal.
Arsenal want to sign Zaha and the winger's brother has pleaded with Palace to let the former Red Devils star realise his 'dream' of playing for the Gunners, his boyhood club.
Emirates chiefs launched an initial offer of £40million but Palace want at least double that, with Arsenal hopeful of bringing down the asking price by offering players in part exchange.
Speaking ahead of the Ivorians' last-16 clash against Mali, Zaha said: "I have no comment on it [Arsenal’s bid].
"The only thing that’s on my mind right now is trying to win this cup [Africa Cup of Nations]."
When asked whether he would like to be an Arsenal player, he added: "I don’t know. We’ll see in the future.”
Zaha is in his second permanent spell at Palace having also had two separate loan stints in south London.
He hit double figures in goals for the first time in his career last term as he helped the Eagles stave off the threat of relegation from the Premier League.
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 1 month ago
- OFFICIAL: PSG sign former Man United starFootball 1 month ago
- Life and times of Joe Kadenge [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Solskjaer sends powerful message to Pogba on leaving Man United Football 1 month ago
- How Morocco sank Ivory Coast again at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Man City unveil new kits for 2019/20 season inspired by historic nightclubPremier League 1 month ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 1 month ago